Last modified:Wednesday,January 15 12:25 AM
Trickett surgery successful; QB to miss 2-3 months
WVU senior quarterback Clint Trickett underwent successful shoulder surgery on Monday and is expected to be sidelined between two and three months during his recovery, a source told TheDPost.com.
According to the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because WVU does not discuss injuries, renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews performed the operation at the Andrews Institute in Gulf Breeze, Fla., repairing damage to Trickett's AC joint, labrum and rotator cuff.
It was known going into the procedure that Trickett had suffered a Grade 2 sprain of his AC joint and a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder during his first start of the season against Oklahoma State, on Sept. 28. The rotator cuff damage was not discovered until Andrews began the operation but, the source said, the broader scope of the surgery is not expected to affect Trickett's recovery time.
WVU Director of Football Communications Mike Montoro said the university had no updates on Trickett's status on Tuesday. Messages left for Trickett were not returned.
All rights reserved.
This material may not be broadcast or distributed, rewritten or published without explicit
permission from The West Virginia Newspaper Publishing Co.
TheDPost.com Comment Policy
TheDPost.com encourages readers to engage in conversations about site content. If you would like to comment, please abide by the follow guidelines:
· Stay on topic: Do not include comments about other subjects.
· Be civil: Challenge opinions but don’t personally attack or degrade others. No use of all-caps, bold or italics.
· Watch your language and image: No vulgarity, obscene or profane photos or language (actual or implied), including intentionally misspelling words, using characters or dashes.
· No frauds: Do not use the identity of a company or another person (living or dead).
· No free ads: Do not use comments to promote a business, money-making endeavor or individual promotion.
· Link limit: It is not permitted to excessively link to external sites.
TheDPost.com reserves the right to remove any comment deemed unacceptable or that fails to meet our commenting guidelines. The DPost.com also reserves the right to suspend or revoke commenting privileges should a user violate the commenting guidelines. A suspension or revocation of privileges could affect the commenting privileges of others in your household.
TheDPost.com takes seriously any attempts to threaten, harass or intimidate readers and employees, and will report such behavior to authorities.