Created on: Wednesday,December 11 9:39 PM
Last modified: Wednesday,December 11 9:39 PM
Wednesday accidents close roads
MORGANTOWN — Authorities in Monongalia County responded to two vehicle accidents in Morgantown and Star City Wednesday.
The Star City Police responded to a vehicle accident on the Star City Bridge involving an ambulance around 8:15 a.m. Officer Jessica Colebank said an ambulance from Jan-Care clipped the back of Kia Sportage while traveling eastbound into Star City.
The Mon County Sheriff’s Department along with Mon EMS and Morgantown Fire Department responded to a vehicle accident at the intersection of W.Va. Route 705 and Stewartstown Road around 8:30 a.m. According to Deputy J. Friend, the driver of a Chevrolet Cavalier, identified as Jodie Trader, came to a stop at the intersection during a red light. The Chevrolet Prizm, driven by Stephanie Lauter, failed to stop and collided with Trader, pushing both vehicles into the intersection.
All rights reserved.
This material may not be broadcast or distributed, rewritten or published without explicit
permission from The West Virginia Newspaper Publishing Co.
TheDPost.com Comment Policy
TheDPost.com encourages readers to engage in conversations about site content. If you would like to comment, please abide by the follow guidelines:
· Stay on topic: Do not include comments about other subjects.
· Be civil: Challenge opinions but don’t personally attack or degrade others. No use of all-caps, bold or italics.
· Watch your language and image: No vulgarity, obscene or profane photos or language (actual or implied), including intentionally misspelling words, using characters or dashes.
· No frauds: Do not use the identity of a company or another person (living or dead).
· No free ads: Do not use comments to promote a business, money-making endeavor or individual promotion.
· Link limit: It is not permitted to excessively link to external sites.
TheDPost.com reserves the right to remove any comment deemed unacceptable or that fails to meet our commenting guidelines. The DPost.com also reserves the right to suspend or revoke commenting privileges should a user violate the commenting guidelines. A suspension or revocation of privileges could affect the commenting privileges of others in your household.
TheDPost.com takes seriously any attempts to threaten, harass or intimidate readers and employees, and will report such behavior to authorities.