Birthdays happen once in a year and it is a very special day in the life of everyone. Friends and family may throw surprise parties, buy gifts, and also give their loved one’s birthday cards.
Birthday cards are simple gifts yet so captivating. They convey a special message to a family member, friend, or loved one. Your message could tell how you feel about them and also what you wish for them. A lot of people love to express themselves and show their creativity with birthday cards. However, there are good birthdays cards and then there are those that fall into a more inappropriate category. Here’s our round-up of some of the worst birthday cards to avoid giving your loved ones.
What are the Worst Birthday Cards
Amid all the frenzy of selecting birthday cards and gifts, there are the worst birthday cards you should never send to your loved ones. Certain people indeed love to be creative; others may send birthday cards that sound rude or sarcastic. Sweet messages, especially ones sent to people on their birthdays, mean a lot. This is why you have to be careful when selecting and gifting a birthday card.
As the sender, it may be a joke or something to be laughed over. But what about the person getting the card? How will he or she feel when they get such messages. You need to try as much as possible to avoid these worst birthday cards.
The Content of These Worst Birthday Cards
The worst birthday cards contain messages which are not nice to hear. You may have a different intention with a pure heart, but the message just sounds wrong.
Here are a few messages contained in the worst birthday cards:
- “Happy birthday to you! You’re a year older and one step closer to your grave.” Woah! Who wants to get such messages on their birthdays? Certainly not you! It sounds rude.
- “Happy birthday to someone the parents made by accident.” This message sounds sarcastic and rude. It shouldn’t be sent to a loved one.
- “Cheers to you on your birthday, but you haven’t gotten any wiser.”
- “Cheers on mourning the loss of your youth.”
- “I’m sorry that my birthday wishes were late. I didn’t know you’d live this long.”
As aforementioned, you may have good intentions, but these messages just push too far. Ensure that you send a proper message to the person, telling them how excited you feel that it’s their birthday and how you wish them the best things.
Remember that little messages matter. Make your remembrance count!